Friday, November 9, 2007

HIDDEN FILES NOT SHOWN



Now a days virus programmers are becoming smart. A worm w32.USBWorm which attacked and banned Orkut, has left one more problem. to remove above mentioned virus check
ORKUT IS BANNED . You will not be able to see the hidden files. Even if you change the setting in the folder options, it will not show the hidden files. So here are the steps to remove that problem and make the hidden files appear as before.
follow these steps:-

1. Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit

2. Navigate to the registry folder
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL


3. Find a key called CheckedValue.

4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.

that is all.
now u should be able to view ur files.
n joy!

2 comments:

Moustafa said...

Thank you man. I spent much time trying to remove many autorun.inf hidden files, and after I get tired I removed them from a linux installation on my machine.

Unknown said...

I follow the same procedure but still can't see my hidden files.Is there any other solution for this?